If you’re a homeowner in Charlotte, North Carolina, looking to add shade to your yard, several trees will do the job. Shade trees provide relief from the sun and can increase property values and give your home an attractive look. Here is a list of some of the best shade trees for homeowners in Charlotte:
Red Maple is one of the most popular trees for providing shade in Charlotte due to its fast growth rate and ability to thrive well, even during hot summers. This tree has beautiful deep green leaves that turn bright red during the fall season, making it perfect for adding color and providing plenty of coverage from direct sunlight throughout the summer.
Southern Magnolia – If you want something with more height, then Southern Magnolia might be just what you need! It grows tall quickly and provides excellent coverage while still allowing plenty of light through its large glossy dark green leaves, with white flowers blooming during springtime, giving off a sweet fragrance all around your home!
Sweetgum – Sweetgum is another excellent choice when it comes to picking out the right kind of tree that works both aesthetically pleasing view wise plus provides much-needed protection against harsh rays of UV radiation coming directly into our homes, especially those living near ocean areas where intensity level higher than normal range would suggest so this type species ideal candidate if looking something quick growing yet able withstand extreme conditions like salt spray etcetera.
Live Oak – Live oak adds elegance and beauty to any landscape design project thanks to its majestic appearance combined with low maintenance requirements make the perfect addition to anyone’s backyard or front yard area who wants to create an inviting atmosphere without having to worry about upkeep too much time energy invested into keeping alive, healthy condition year-round basis because these types usually resistant drought diseases pests alike thus saving money long run since no extra costs associated taking care them regularly such fertilizing pruning trimming branches etcetera…
American Holly – American Holly gives off a classic Christmas vibe due to its evergreen foliage. It makes an excellent option for those wanting to bring festive spirit to their outdoor space while simultaneously blocking out harmful UV rays by creating a natural barrier between the house exterior environment filled with sunshine and warmth sunny days come along the summer season here in NC state regionally speaking course other varieties exist could potentially fit the bill given individual needs preferences. Still, overall these five should serve a general purpose pretty good capacity when deciding on the appropriate type of specimen plant within the vicinity of residential properties located inside city limits in Charlotte, North Carolina enjoy!.
Buying trees from a local nursery is an excellent way to add beauty and value to your home. However, it’s crucial that you take the time to research and select the right tree for your yard.
To help make sure you get the best tree for your needs, here are five tips when buying trees from a local nursery:
1. Consider Your Climate: Different types of trees thrive in different climates, so before making any purchases be sure to consider what type of climate you live in and choose accordingly. This will ensure that the tree has its best chance at thriving once planted on your property!
2. Research Species: Once you know what type of climate is ideal for planting a particular species or variety of trees, do some research into which specific varieties would work well with this environment’s conditions, such as temperature range or soil pH levels, etc. This will help narrow down which options are available at nurseries near you!
3. Choose The Right Size Tree: While it may be tempting to buy larger specimens because they look more impressive, purchasing smaller-sized plants can often save money while still providing excellent results over time. When selecting a size, remember how large these plants could grow over several years!
4. Inspect For Damage: Before taking any purchase home, inspect all sides carefully, looking out for signs such as discoloration on leaves or broken branches – these could indicate potential problems with pests or disease! If unsure about something, ask staff members who should have detailed knowledge about each plant being sold!
5. Ask About Care Instructions: Finally, don’t forget to inquire about care instructions after purchase – this includes watering schedules, fertilizer requirements, pruning techniques etc. Knowing exactly how much attention each plant requires can make all difference between success & failure post-transplantation !!